Our services at Alert Level 2
Enable New Zealand would like to update you about what our services look like under national Alert Level 2.
As ever, the safety of our customers, stakeholders and staff remains our highest priority. Our services are able to operate as usual during L2, with additional safety procedures in place.
During Level 2 our services will include:
- Our equipment service – where equipment can be delivered and set up safely
- Equipment repair service – where equipment can be replaced or repaired safely
- Housing modifications service – housing modifications can continue where they can be carried out safely
- Equipment trials – trials can commence where equipment can be delivered and set up safely
- Collections service – you can request an equipment collection via your assessor or form on our website. Collections will take place when it can be done safely. We appreciate your understanding that there may be a delay in getting your collection arranged and completed
To also keep our staff and contractors safe, they will need to ask you some additional questions before they visit your home. These will include if anyone in your household has COVID-19, has been in close contact with anyone with COVID-19 or has any cold or flu symptoms. We can then determine the safest way to proceed.
Where equipment is being delivered to your home by a courier service this will be left on your doorstep where possible to minimise physical interactions with anyone in the household. Where you need any support to set up or retrieve equipment, we will work with you to get the help you need on a case by case basis.
The safety of our customers, staff and stakeholders is our highest priority at this time and we appreciate your patience and understanding that some services may be affected. It’s also possible that we may need to adjust how we can deliver a service to you on a case by case basis.
We may have to make more changes to our services as time goes on, depending on what happens over the next few weeks and we will keep you up to date via news on our website and social media.
Information about Covid-19 for disabled people and their whānau, including access to easy read guides can be found on the Ministry of Health website.