There may be a delay in us responding to your call or email on Monday as it is Wellington Anniversary Day holiday. Thank you for your patience.

Professional advisory services

Advice, education and support for ACC and Ministry of Health assessors

Enable New Zealand’s professional advisors (also known as EMS advisors) provide information and advice about:

  • ACC housing modifications
  • Ministry of Health equipment, housing modification and vehicle modification (EMS) services
  • Ministry of Health hearing aid services
  • Ministry of Health children’s spectacle subsidy.

Our professional advisory services are for:

  • ACC housing assessors
  • Ministry of Health EMS assessors, hearing aid assessors and vision (spectacle) assessors.

Our services may include the person who is being assessed. Also, their family, whānau or caregivers, and Ministry of Health or ACC staff.

Support from experienced, qualified allied health professionals

Our professional advisors include occupational therapists, physiotherapists, an audiologist and an optometrist. All hold current annual practising certificates.

Advisors can provide information and advice to support the assessor’s decision-making and clinical reasoning. This may include:

  • technical advice on solutions to meet the person’s injury-or-disability-related needs
  • advice on operational policy and access and eligibility criteria.

Requests for professional advice

For information about how and when to request professional advice, please choose one of the following options:

Email our ACC Housing team

Email our Hearing Aid and Spectacle Subsidy Services team

How to request EMS assessor advice (external website)

Contact Enable New Zealand

Enquiries about our professional advisory services

ACC and the Ministry of Health fund us to provide professional advisory services.

For more information, please contact our Service Manager, Professional Services at our Head Office, Palmerston North.

Contact Enable New Zealand