Equipment and Modification Services
Equipment, housing and/or vehicle modifications for people with disabilities
Enable New Zealand provides Ministry of Health-funded equipment and modifications to houses or cars to help people with disabilities. Our service is for people living in these areas:
- North Island: all areas South of the Bombay Hills
- South Island, Stewart Island, Chatham Islands.
Find out what the Ministry of Health can provide
Visit the Ministry of Health website below to find out:
- who can get equipment, housing and/or vehicle modifications
- what support the Ministry can provide
- how to get support through an EMS assessor.
Get a referral to an EMS assessor
We need a request from an EMS assessor before we can issue equipment or organise modifications.
To get a referral to an EMS assessor talk to your:
- doctor or other health professional, or
- District Health Board, or
- Needs Assessment and Service Coordination (NASC) service.
How equipment and modification services are funded and provided
Visit the Disability Funding Information website pages below. Please note: This website is mainly for EMS assessors.